Paisley Bikers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ello.........

3 posters

Go down

ello......... Empty ello.........

Post by The DBF Mon 20 Jun - 20:57

Well hello out there Paisley Bikers, spoke to the Gaffer at the weekend so thought I'd stick my head in the door.

Names Stuart, from Dundee, and currently feel much older than my mid forties would have me believe. Have had numerous bikes over the years buyt currently running a GSX1400 and two trials bikes, Sherco 290 and a Scorpa 175 four banger.

I also run my own forum in Dundee which has dominated my life for the last 6 years but allowed me to meet many good people, a few arseholes as well mind but on the whole good people.

Righty, enough about me, things are a bit quiet around here so some marketing needs done, so you guys that run the show need to get to work and get the place out there, bike shops, meets, bike training schools etc etc. If you need any advice just gimme a shout and I'll gladly help. cheers

The DBF

Back to top Go down

ello......... Empty Re: ello.........

Post by G-force Mon 20 Jun - 23:57

Alright Stuart!
Glad you joined us. We definitely need more activity on the site and I'm going to embark on a wee recruitment and publicising campaign.
Hopefully through the summer we should start to see it grow..
I may also look into different hosting possibilities in the future but at the moment I think the forumotion template is adequate.
In the meantime I'll gladly take any input you have on board..

Ian.
G-force
G-force
Admin

https://paisleybikers.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by The DBF Tue 21 Jun - 0:51

The first two things I would do is

1) Close off the forum to guests, that way you kinda force people to join if they want to read

2) Change the settings on the new topic starts, it told me my title had to be at least 10 charectors WTF.

The DBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklisted Wed 22 Jun - 4:19

Alrite DBF! Welcome to the PBF, cheers for the advice on the forum, I think I speak for most when I say your help is welcome! Very Happy
Blacklisted
Blacklisted
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The DBF Wed 22 Jun - 6:26

Getting to know people who run a local training school is a great help to get new members, only slight problem is you'll get new riders, but we all have to start somewhere, though it's the experienced riders that can give the best info and generally start the best topics.

Now I don't want to sound like I'm telling you what you do but I'd also change the order of the sections round, you want the sections that can generate the most discussion at the top and others pre rata. Also, get as many pictures up as possible, runs, bikes, trips etc etc it allows others to be able to contribute by either showing their pics or commenting on other pics, but it's a member drive you need at the moment, but the weather is so fucking pish it's hard work I know, flyers, business cards, stickers, adverts in local bike sales papers etc

Anything else, just ask.

The DBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum