Paisley Bikers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Project GSX1400

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Winter Project GSX1400 - Page 4 Empty Re: Winter Project GSX1400

Post by G-force Mon 21 Oct - 9:13

Nearly a year on.. I've had the summer season out the 14 and love it!
The really surprising thing I've found while riding it is that it doesn't feel as big as it looks. It actually feels smaller than my 1200 Bandit! Maybe due to the Bandit having the half fairing there's loads in front of you. But with the 14 the headlight sits so low you barely notice it while riding so it feels like there's nothing in front of you.
Wind blast on the chest is much more noticable though! If you give it a good handfull not only the immense torque but the extra wind tries to pull your arms out their sockets! And then there's the rasp of the twin Pipewerx cans.... Mmmmmmm! Earplugs are recommended!!
A few things which need attention will be dealt with over the coming months..
It does sit quite low so I'll be looking at the ride height and the suspension settings need tweaked for solo and pillion riding.
The rest is stuff I never got round to before getting it on the road.
G-force
G-force
Admin

https://paisleybikers.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Winter Project GSX1400 - Page 4 Empty Re: Winter Project GSX1400

Post by G-force Thu 31 Oct - 6:44

I've made a discovery!
My forks are shorter than standard! I compared them to Thumpers forks last week and found that the stanchions sit lower into the fork bottoms. Question 
The only reason I can think of just now is that when the seals were done the slugs inside either haven't been put back in properly or left out completely.. I'll be heading over to Dynotech to discuss this...
G-force
G-force
Admin

https://paisleybikers.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4