Paisley Bikers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walker back in BSB with Pr1mo Kawasaki

Go down

Walker back in BSB with Pr1mo Kawasaki Empty Walker back in BSB with Pr1mo Kawasaki

Post by Blacklisted Thu 9 Feb - 5:25

Walker back on the BSB grid in 2012...with the team that sacked him

AFTER controversially losing his spot with Pr1mo Kawasaki less than two months ago, Chris Walker has been re-signed to ride for the team in the 2012 British Superbike championship.

Walker was originally expected to stay with the Kawsaki outfit for a second term and was announced that he would ride alongside James Hillier the merger of Pr1mo Racing and Bournemouth Racing in November.

However, it was revealed three weeks later that Walker was let go to be replaced by Joe Burns. The following saw the four-time BSB runner-up suggest that Pr1mo Racing had used his name and reputation to secure a spot with the 'Elite' teams on the BSB grid.

At the end of January news emerged that Pr1mo Racing team manager, Dan Cheevers had been arrested on drug charges, placing the team in doubt for the 2012 season.

Now Pr1mo Bournemouth Kawasaki have confirmed that they will line-up on the grid with the announcement that Walker will return to racing alongside Hillier

"I am absolutely thrilled to bits to be able to be racing in BSB again this season," said Walker. "I couldn't believe it when the opportunity came up out of the blue. I really wanted to continue in BSB and this is the chance to do that, now we can finalise staff and machinery but it's all looking great and I can't wait.

"I have had some great support from the fans over the past few weeks and now to finally be able to confirm where I am racing is big relief if I am honest. As I have said before I have a long association with Kawasaki and to be able to continue that into 2012 really is great news for me."

Team owner pete Extance was pleased to announce the team's place on the 2012 BSB grid along with the return of Walker: "Since we were initially announced as an Elite team the circumstances may have changed, but I am pleased to confirm that we will definitely be participating in the 2012 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

"James Hillier remains with the Pr1mo Bournemouth Kawasaki team and with the changes within the team structure we are delighted to confirm that Chris Walker won't be missing from the grid as he will now be our second rider. We are now looking ahead to a successful season in the championship and for our testing schedule to begin over the coming weeks."
Blacklisted
Blacklisted
Admin

Back to top Go down