Paisley Bikers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from the Wirral

3 posters

Go down

Hello from the Wirral  Empty Hello from the Wirral

Post by Wirralbikers Wed 18 Jan - 21:05

Hello fellow bikers,

My name is George and I am the founder of the Wirral Bikers Motorcycle Club. I came across your Forum by chance this morning when doing an online search and noticed one of your posts re PBF Rally 2012.

It seems that you are considering having a trip down our way and into North Wales so thought that we might be able to help you as regards to what are good rideout routes and/or accomodation etc. Similarly, some of our members are thinking of a possible trip up to Scotland later this year and so you may well be able to reciprocate. sunny

This is a link to our website so you can see who we are Wirral Bikers and this is another link to our YouTube channel Wirral Bikers Channel where you will find quite a number of rideout videos that were taken in North Wales also some in Cheshire and the Derbyshire Peak District. These may give you a flavour of what the roads are like. Very Happy

Hope they will be of some help.

Cheers for now and ride safe

George.

Wirralbikers
Wirralbikers

http://www.wirralbikers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Hello from the Wirral  Empty Re: Hello from the Wirral

Post by Blacklisted Thu 19 Jan - 19:00

Welcome to the forum wirralbikers! Yes we are considering heading down your neck of the woods this year, any advice and tips will be greatly apreciated. And obviously we will do the same! There are plenty great routes up here, just make sure you bring waterproofs for the "summer" Very Happy

Do you have any places in mind for your trip?
Blacklisted
Blacklisted
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wirralbikers Thu 19 Jan - 21:21

Thanks for the welcome sunny

Blacklisted wrote: Yes we are considering heading down your neck of the woods this year, any advice and tips will be greatly apreciated. ?
In order to really be of help to you as regards to routes and accomodation, I would need to know how long you would be staying in Wales, whether you intend to use a base to ride out from each day and are you camping or thinking of using B&B's ??

Blacklisted wrote: obviously we will do the same! There are plenty great routes up here, just make sure you bring waterproofs for the "summer" Very Happy

Do you have any places in mind for your trip?
No not as yet, one of our members lived and worked up in the Aberdeen area for a few years so that's a possible destination. However, it's just an idea at the moment as we are away in North Wales for a long weekend early May and then over to the Isle of Man for the TT in June so people will need to see if they are still able to afford spending a full week up in Scotland in August/September before we start to firm things up Very Happy
Wirralbikers
Wirralbikers

http://www.wirralbikers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Hello from the Wirral  Empty Welcome Wirral Bikers!

Post by G-force Fri 20 Jan - 21:04

Welcome aboard George!

I like your thinking! We would delinitely appreciate any pointers from the locals if we're heading down your way and likewise would be glad to help you up here. I would say that if you're heading up, aim for the west coast. Better roads/better scenery.

Way up north.. past Ullapool and the roads become very quiet although many 'main' roads are single track!! I've posted a few vids of when I was up in 2010 (Inchnadamph), also consider Oban, Ft William, Inverness...

Let us know when you have more details and we could recommend possible routes/attractions etc.. we might even be able to join you some of the way.. Very Happy

Oh, and that's a nice website you've got there. Good pics & vids.
G-force
G-force
Admin

https://paisleybikers.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum